Thursday, March 14, 2019

Global Perspectives: Last Week's AFS Panel Discussion

Last Sunday, myself and some of my fellow Global Scholar met at the Liu residence for a panel discussion featuring our very own Luca Contino and three other AFS students from Italy, Jordan, and Tunisia living across the Los Angeles area. Over the course of the afternoon, AFS students spoke on everything from their favorite cultural experiences in America to their countries' opinions on the Trump Administration and their nightlife back home. I was amazed to hear that in both Tunisia and Jordan, student take 11 subjects, including three languages (Arabic, French, and English). At the luncheon after the panel, which featured cuisine from around the world, I got the chance to meet Naji (the student from Jordan) and Youssef (the student from Tunisia) and we immediately hit it off. Luca has already become a close friend of mine this year, and I'm looking forward to making good on my tentative plans to take Youssef to a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Scholars Year Reflection